|BAX / Brooklyn Arts Exchange is excited to announce
UPSTART FESTIVAL AUDITIONS
The Upstart Festival -- a shared endeavor between BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange and Shannon Hummel/Cora Dance -- welcomes a new group of dancers and choreographers into New York City's dance community. This two-day showcase will take place in the Theater @ BAX on Friday & Saturday December 14 & 15, 2012 and is curated by Cora Dance Artistic Director/Choreographer Shannon Hummel, and Founding and Executive Director of BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange, Marya Warshaw.
NEW THIS SEASON: Up to two choreographers will be chosen from those selected for the Upstart Festival showcase to receive 10 additional hours of free rehearsal space and two fully produced shared evenings of performances in the Spring of 2013 at the Cora Studio-Theater located at 201 Richards Street in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Upstart ushers in freshly arrived talent with an intriguing festival of performances and roundtable discussions. Artists are selected through live auditions and have no more than three years of experience showing choreography in the city.
CALL-IN DATE: September 17th, 2012 @ 10am
Audition time slots are assigned on a first come, first served basis in the order that artists call-in. Calls will be taken until all slots are filled.
AUDITION DATES: October 13th & 14th, 2012
- Choreographers must have produced work in New York for 3 years or less.
- Choreographers who have never produced work in NY will also be considered.
- No work will be accepted that is not auditioned LIVE
- You must audition the work you want to submit or a work-in-progress version that is full demonstrative of the work.
- Length of work auditioned may be 6 minutes (excerpt).
- Length of work performed may be 12 minutes or shorter.
- Artists will be emailed a form to fill out once all slots are filled. This form must be filled out and returned before audition.
- Auditonees WILL NOT BE ABLE to change time of audition once it is set.
There will be a MANDATORY ROUNDTABLE on Monday, October 29th from 7-9pm. Performances are Friday and Saturday, December 14th & 15th, 2012 at 8pm. Work will be selected for only ONE performance.
Founded in 1991, BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange is a is a multi-faceted community performing arts center located in Park Slope, Brooklyn offering an annual presenting season, artist services, and educational programs for youth and adults. BAX receives support from city, state and national public and private foundations. Our programs have been featured in several Brooklyn, NYC, and national publications, celebrating our continued support of artists of all ages.
Back to All Listings...