South Bend Civic Theatre to hold auditions September 19-20 for holiday musical She Loves Me.
Auditions for South Bend Civic Theatre’s holiday production of the musical She Loves Me will be held September 19 and 20 from 7-9 PM at the Firehouse Theatre 701 N Portage Ave.
A Christmas setting with old world charm, this holiday offering is an elegant treat. Perfume shop co-workers Georg and Amalia dislike each other at first sight. Arguing and feuding, each only takes comfort in growing affections with their respective anonymous pen pals – unaware they are corresponding with each other! Lovely music by the team who createdFiddler on the Roof makes this a delightful gem of true romance and holiday cheer.
All roles are singing roles. About 20-25 cast members needed, ages from 20-120 (sorry, no children in this production): 10-12 or so of each male and female with 6 men having substantial roles and 2 women having substantial roles. All the rest are customers, waiters, carolers, busboys. The play is set in 1930's Hungary but no accents will be used.
Expectation of audition:
- Range - we will ask for a demonstration using a vocal scale
- Volume - fill the theater house with voice in all parts of your range
- Style - prepare a musical theater piece and one other piece that highlights your vocal style. One of these can be your a cappella piece. Please bring CD with accompaniment for other piece. Choose the best 1 minute part of the piece to show off the style of your voice.
- 1. Bring a song to sing a cappella 1 minute in length
- 2. Everyone will learn a part of a new song - varies depending on Soprano, Tenor, Alto or Bass
Reading: Actors will be put into teams or pairs to read from the script.
Call Backs: Will be held for the main 6 men and 2 women if needed.
Rehearsals: 7:00 - 10:00 during the week. Any weekend rehearsals will be late afternoons.
South Bend Civic Theatre productions feature volunteer actors drawn from the Michiana region. Most non-musical auditions consist of “cold readings” from the script and directors attempt to schedule rehearsals around individual conflicts as best they can. SBCT welcomes and encourages actors of all experience levels, from novices eager to get the acting bug to seasoned veterans, to their auditions. SBCT is also committed to reflecting the diversity of the community and encourages and welcomes actors of all backgrounds to audition.
For more information and to sign up for e-mail notices for auditions go to www.sbct.org/subscribe.php.
Back to All Listings...