Music Theatre of Idaho
Becoming a part of the Music Theatre of Idaho Family is a great honor. You are about to embark on an adventure that will change your life for the better. You will meet new friends, gain skills in music, dance and acting. You learn self-discipline and self control as well as commitment and responsibility. You will gain skills that will last a lifetime! It will never be easy, but it will be a lot of fun. The MTI family is an elite crew. We come from all walks of life, all skill levels and every imaginable background. Come join us and change your life!!!
- Auditions for all shows in Season 2013 will be held from 10 am-8:30 pm on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at the MTI building (203 9th Ave. South in Nampa). Prospective auditionees can sign up for an audition time by filling out the on-line registration form linked to at the bottom of this page.
- Returning company members in good standing (anyone cast in a Season 2012 show that has kept all of their commitments) will not be required to audition this year, but will still need to go through the on-line registration process to let us know your availability and interests for Season 2013. If you fall in this category and wish to skip auditioning, you must register by midnight on Wednesday, Oct. 3rd. You may also choose to audition if you wish.
- Each audition session will be 30 minutes in length, with approximately 10 people in each session.
- For Season 2013, you must be 8 years old or older by the beginning of 2013 in order to audition.
- All those auditioning must present two excerpts of music, both from a Broadway musical, the combined total not to exceed 3 minutes. One piece should be upbeat, or fast and the second piece should be a ballad, or slow piece. Both pieces should show off the vocalist’s talents and vocal ranges. Vocalists should bring their own sheet music. Accompanists will be provided. No CDs or tapes will be allowed. Vocalists who show up unprepared will be turned away.
- A fee based audition preparation service is available through the MTI. This service includes assistance in selecting audition music, preparation of that music and encouragement and coaching up to auditions. Call the MTI office at 468-2385 to inquire about this service. This assistance is offered as assistance and is in no way required in order to be cast.
- Vocalists are encouraged to perform musical numbers from shows in which they have interest.
- The MTI does not provide sheet music for auditions, but we can give you ideas on where you might locate music. Those who participate in the audition preparation classes will have the choice of using music provided by the instructors, or bringing their own music.
- No roles in 2013 are “pre-cast.” That means that every role is open and available on the day of auditions. Dream big. Go for the roles you want.
- Roles at the top level of the MTI (leads) are very competitive. First year participants are 100% as likely to get a lead role as a MTI veteran. The best person for the role gets the role, regardless of how many years they have been in the company.
- The MTI audition process, and participation in the company is much like an athletic event. Sportsmanship is required and expected. We do not promote a star system and one show’s “star” might be the next show’s ensemble member. Even at auditions we remain supportive and kind to others in the process. We have never had an audition (in 16 years!) that wasn’t a very positive, learning and caring process.
- We are using the same audition registration system (with a few updates) as last season. If you registered for last season, you should be able to log-in with the same user ID and password that you created for last season. Once you have logged in, update the actor information on the first page as necessary, and then proceed to through the season registration pages where you will be given the opportunity to indicate which shows you are available for, and most interested in, and will also be able to indicate which roles you are interested in.
Back to All Listings...