On Saturday, March 9th, VH1 and Parenting Magazine will present the VH1 Save The Music Foundation's Family Day - a free, family fun day open to the public - at The Anderson School in New York from 10AM to 4PM. The inaugural Family Day in 2011 saw over 1,000 guests and featured live performances from Mat Kearney, HANSON, Hot Peas 'N Butter, SafetySuit, The American Secrets a.k.a. FreeCreditScore.com band and nine-year-old violin Prodigy Brianna Kahane. This year's event will feature a live deejay set by nine-year-old sensation DJ Fulano. A protege of DJ Cassidy, DJ Fulano is not only deejaying around the country, but also recording a rap album and modeling for major publications and clothing brands. Additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
"We are thrilled to bring Family Day back to New York," said Paul Cothran, Vice President & Executive Director of the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. "The Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that children have access to a complete education, which includes music, and what better way to demonstrate that than through a daylong musical festival!"
For 2013, guests will be able to explore, interact and enjoy a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Performances by VH1 Save The Music students, Little Orchestra Society and more
- "Welcome To The Jungle" Activities including interactive stations hosted by Parenting Magazine, Celestron, Jamba Juice, pediped, Plum Organics, Taylor Guitars Painting Station, Kreative Katie face painting, Tattoos by Glitter Tattoo New York, 92.3 NOW and Smilebooth
- "Try This" Instrument Discovery Zone hosted by Taylor Guitars, Yamaha, Meisel from RS Berkeley, and Jupiter
- Rock 'N Read Story Time with Tracy Delio and The Secret Adventures of Louie V
- Juice Box Rated Workshops by Disney on Broadway's Newsies & The Lion King, Little Orchestra Society, Moey's Music Party, Class Attire, Citibabes, Wendy The Pipe Cleaner Lady and Mibblio
- "We Got The Beat" Drum Circle presented by NAMM
- "Running on Empty" Refueling Stations with GoGo Squeez and Pirates Booty
- "Rolling on the River" Stroller Valet presented by Quinny
- "Hungry Like A Wolf" Street Vendor Showcase where you can grab a bite from La Bella Torte, Toum, Coolhaus or Palenque Homemade Colombian and 10% of the price of your lunch will benefit the Foundation
- "Hey Momma" Market featuring scarves by Otrera, Chalkboard Tees, CDs from Moey's Music Party and more
- A performance by 9-year-old sensation DJ Fulano
The VH1 Save The Music Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music Education programs in America's public schools, and raising awareness about the importance of music as part of each child's complete education.To date, VH1 Save The Music has provided more than $49.5 million in new musical instruments to 1,850 public schools in more than 192 school districts around the country, impacting the lives of over 2.1 million children.
Performers for the 2013 Family Day will be announced over the next few weeks. For more information please visit www.vh1savethemusic.org. For on the spot Family Day updates and VH1 Save The Music news, follow the Foundation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vh1savethemusic and on Twitter @vh1savethemusic
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, and extensive video on VH1.com.