Beyond Workshop Series, R.Evolución Latina's interdisciplinary, international, immersion scholarship program that challenges artists to further develop the well-rounded technical skills, self-confidence and critical leadership skills required to unite our community, returns this year!
Now a 2-week, in-depth workshop, the BWS 2013 will immerse recipients in the 3 main disciplines that are used in musical theater - Dance, Acting and Voice - at varying experience levels. Whether your focus is Dance, Acting, Voice, or all three, there will be a class for you. We believe each discipline contributes to and strengthens the other. And in the process of reaching across borders, this year's BWS is also dedicated to a cultural exchange. RL has awarded scholarships to 20 students from Colombia and Peru to be a part of the BWS in NYC.
· Dance curriculum will include classes in ballet, jazz, theatre dance, Limon technique, and contemporary.
· Acting will delve into Shakespeare, scene work, and voice.
· Voice classes will offer training in song interpretation, ensemble work and voice exploration.
· Classes will occur in 2-hour blocks from 10am-4pm, Monday through Friday, for 2 weeks in March. Participants will be present for the whole day, rotating through classes.
· Our instructors are some of New York's finest from Broadway, Film and TV. Some past teacher's include Josh Bergasse, Marcos Santanta, Ian Hersey, Rickey Tripp, Rosie Lani Fiedelman, William Wade and many more.
We believe in empowering well-rounded, socially-conscious performers. In addition to technical training, participants will work with the instructors to discover and develop the leadership skills necessary to unite our community. Completion of the Beyond Workshop Series will be followed by the artist donating his or her time to RL as a part of the scholarship agreement. Commitment to the full 10am-4pm weekday schedule is required, as is the commitment to each artist's growth and empowerment.
The Beyond Workshop Series 2013 will be held in NYC:
· Auditions/Callbacks: the week of February 25, 2013
· Orientation: Monday, March 18, 2013
· Classes: Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm, March 18 - 28 (off Friday the 29th)
· There will be an extended day on Thursday, March 28th, for a rehearsal, sharing and closing ceremony to celebrate each other.
16 Bars of a song, 2 lines of Shakespeare Verse, and be ready to dance. We know everyone will have varying levels of experience!
Seeking - Men and Women: Artists who are looking to further develop their skills and reconnect with their community are encouraged to apply, particularly Latinos.
For more information and a link to the brief application, visit: http://beyondworkshopseries.wufoo.com/forms/beyond-workshop-series-2013-application/ ASAP; applications will be due February 22, 2013. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Adult Educational Programs Coordinator, Hanley Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.