Today the organizers of TEDxBroadway unveiled its updated list of speakers, adding six more names to the lineup.
The day-long event will begin where the sold out 2012 TEDxBroadway left off, bringing together some of the most passionate and influential people in academics, entertainment, marketing and media to answer the question: “What’s the best that Broadway can be: on stage, as an important neighborhood in New York City and in terms of its cultural impact on the world?” It will take place on January 28th, 2013 at New World Stages in New York City.
The event will feature provocative presentations by artists, entrepreneurs, producers and business experts — including actor George Takei (Star Trek) and Pulitzer Prize-winning stage producer Daryl Roth with performances by the cello-driven band, Rasputina.
The additional list of TEDxBroadway speakers includes:
· George Takei—Actor, activist, author of “Oh Myyy!” and star of upcoming Broadway show Allegiance
· Daryl Roth—Pulitzer Prize-winning producer of seven plays, including Clybourne Park
· Rasputina—The all-female cello-driven band
· David Sabel—Head of Digital Media, National Theatre of Great Britain
· Ellen Isaacs—Ethnographer and user experience designer at Palo Alto Research Center (PARC, formerly known as Xerox PARC)
· Adam Thurman—President, Mission Paradox, Director of Marketing and Communications for Court Theatre, one of the largest non-profit theatres in Chicago
In October, TEDxBroadway announced that Seth Pinsky, Thomas Schumacher, Randi Zuckerberg, Terry Teachout, Christine Jones and Josh Harris will also participate.
TEDxBroadway is co-organized by Damian Bazadona, founder of Situation Interactive, Broadway producer Ken Davenport and Jim McCarthy of Goldstar. The event’s co-organizing sponsors are Jujamcyn Theaters, Google and Broadway.com. Thought leader sponsors include Fathom Events, Theatermania, and NewYork.com. Supporting sponsorship is provided by Audience Rewards, Chase Bank, Davis Wright Tremaine, Camp Broadway and BroadwayWorld.com. Additional sponsorship is provided by Ticketmaster.
TEDxBroadway, an independently organized event licensed by TED, aims to engage all participants and stakeholders in the vitality of the community—both on stage and in the audience—to develop a vision and commitment to the future of Broadway.
More speakers will be announced over the coming weeks.
Additional details are available at: http://TEDxBroadway.com
Interested attendees can purchase tickets at: http://www.goldstar.com/tedxbroadway