Make a list, check it twice… or just use this one! It's time for the Broadway Holiday Gift Guide by BroadwayGirlNYC.
These are my picks from the annual BC/EFA Catalog of Giving (which includes the bonus of gifting goodwill to those in need!), plus my favorite offerings from the shows currently running on Broadway!
My #1 pick every year is the Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS Snowglobe ($85). It features every show from this season, plays "New York, New York," and stands beautifully next to your snowglobes from years past. (If this is your first one, why not order a few from years' past? They are also available in the BC/EFA catalogue for only $45.)
Drink a toast to your favorite long-running or new Broadway show with these gorgeous cocktail glasses (set of 4, $60).
Get to the show on time… with this new BC/EFA watch ($30)! The band features more than 20 show logos. And don't worry, it won't beep and interrupt anyone's performance!
I love to sing in the shower and of course showtunes are my faves. Get this brightly colored shower curtain, which features logos from long-running & classic musicals, to bring Broadway to your bathroom.
And how better to dry yourself off afterward? Why the Broadway Cares Collection beach towel ($35), of course!
Speaking of (literal) Broadway Babies, how about a Broadway Lullaby CD ($30), onesie ($20), or rattle & sippycup (just $5!)?What's Christmas without ornaments for your tree? This year the catalog offers the traditional annual BC/EFA ornament ($20), featuring show logos, and also a hand-painted Times Square ornament ($20) that beautifully captures New Years' Eve. Also on my tree? The limited edition, handmade glass Bernadette Peters ($55), Carol Channing ($45) and Chita Rivera ($25) Broadway Legends ornaments... alongside Baby's First Christmas Block Ornament ($2), which features the letters BCEFA.
For the older fan-girls and -boys on your list, what's better than an Autographed CD? There are so many available this year that you're bound to find one for every Broadway fan. A selection of my favorites, all SIGNED and all $35 or less:
- Kristin Chenoweth: A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas
- Matthew Morrison (self-titled debut)
- Sutton Foster: Live at the Café Carlyle
- Kelli O'Hara: Always
- Betty Buckley: Bootleg – Boardmixes from the Road
- Gavin Creel: Quiet
- Alan Cumming: I Bought a Blue Car Today
- Jackie Hoffman: Live at Joe's Pub
- Norm Lewis: This is the Life!
Books, books, books! My bookshelf can't get full enough with Broadway-related titles. This year the BC/EFA catalog offers some of my favorites:
- Finishing the Hat by Stephen Sondheim ($40, or SIGNED for $150)
- Patti LuPone: a Memoir (SIGNED for $50)
- The Play that Changed my Life ($20)
- Brunch over Broadway by Roy Harris ($20)
- At This Theatre ($40)
- The Sound of Music Pop-Up Book ($20)
- Stella is a Star! by Bernadette Peters (SIGNED for $30)
I carry all of my CDs & books in this fun Broadway Cares Collection 2011 Tote Bag ($25), which I love.
One of my favorite parts of going to the theatre is getting dolled up for the occasion. Here are some of the accessories that are on my list this year (all available in the Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS catalog):
- Swarovski Crystal Red Ribbon Pin ($30)
- Star Bangle Bracelet (gold or silver plate, $30)
- BC/EFA Link Charm Bracelet (gold or silver plate, $15)
- Comedy/Tragedy mask brooch (gold or silver plate, $5!)
Still have room under your tree or by the Festivus pole? Here are my favorite pieces of merchandise available for the shows on Broadway this year.
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
- Crazier Thank You shirt
- Logo lapel pin
- Reno Sweeney Luggage Tag
- AG logo Champagne Glass
- BE Dance Shorts
- BE logo Track Jacket
BONNIE & CLYDE
- Bullet Hole Flask
- Bullet Bottle Opener
THE BOOK OF MORMON
- I Believe Holiday Ornament
- Shit Go In Da Watah Water Bottle
- Deluxe Edition CD/ DVD box set
- Spaghetti Strap/ Rhinestone Tank Top
- Follies Sparkle Pin
- Follies logo pillow
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING
- A Secretary is Not a Toy T-Shirt
- Vintage Logo Travel Coffee Mug
Hugh Jackman: BACK ON BROADWAY
- HJBob Holiday Ornament
- Ladies' Logo T-Shirt
- JB Shotglass
- Seasons Greetings: A Jersey Boys Christmas CD
THE LION KING
- LK Snowglobe
- Ltd Ed Simba Holiday Ornament
- Flip-Flop Keychain
- Rock Chick Supremo T-Shirt
- Parrot Heat Umbrella (kids' & adults' sizes)
- MP Snowglobe
- Hockadoo T-Shirt
- Memphis Holiday Ornament
- Can I Get An Amen? Coffee Mug
- MT Opening Night Playbill
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER
- OACD Ladies' Logo T-Shirt
- OACD Logo Tote Bag
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- POTO 25th Anniversary Box Set
- POTO Prima Donna T-Shirt
PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT
- Gumby Ladies Red T-Shirt
- LED Blinking Champagne Glass
ROCK OF AGES
- Hooray for Boobies T-Shirt
- ROA Guitar Keychain
SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK
- Pink baby onesie
- 8 Pinback Buttons (Spidey & Villains)
- Horse Puppet Tote Bag
- Handspring Puppet Company book
Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, and HAVE A WONDERFUL BROADWAY NEW YEAR!!!